Wow! I can’t believe it’s already September! You know what that means? We are only about a month out from the 17th Annual HR Technology Conference and Exposition!
I know, I’m sure you are thinking “Kaiser, your geek is showing.” I am not ashamed! This is THE conference for HR Technologists, like me. (After all, it wasn’t until this year that my Kansas City Royals even had a sliver of a chance of playing baseball in October, so I had to find something else to love.)
This year’s conference is being held at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas October 7-10th and will certainly be filled wall to wall with insightful speakers, vendor booths and everything HR Tech!
As an HR professional, this conference is definitely worth your time. It’s one of Trade Show Executive’s fastest Growing Shows of 2013 and there is opportunity to earn HRCI and HRIP recertification credits. Having access to all of the HR Technology vendors and their product innovations and releases in one place is a pretty big deal too. Of course, several members of my team and I will be in attendance. You might remember our coverage of last year’s event. (If you didn’t, click here to read it.)This year we will also be blogging about our findings, and you can visit us at booth # 2541 or plan on us stopping by your booth! And if any of our readers are willing to help guard our cubes from practical jokers while we’re away, you have our attention!
Here are a few things to look for at this year’s conference:
- Over 275 vendors in the Expo Hall = lots of networking and free stuff!
- Opening Keynote “Making the Right Choices in the Second Machine Age” by Andrew McAfee, Principal Research Scientist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the co-author of The Second Machine Age.
- A session moderated by David Gergen, Senior Political Analyst at CNN, with Ahu Yildirmaz, PhD, Head of ADP Research Institute, ADP, titled: “Workforce 2020: How Data and Analytics Will Shape the Workplace”.
- Another general session about the awesome new technologies for HR.
- Breakout sessions, including “Behind the Curtain” Technical track with content from Naomi Bloom.
- Closing Keynote “Transforming the Future of Work in a Digital World” by R “Ray” Wang, Founder and Principal Analyst at Constellation Research and author of A Software Insider’s Point of View blog.
- Plus, there will also be several other general sessions, vendor demos and product announcements.
If you are interested in attending this year’s conference, let me know! We can hook you up with a free Expo Pass or a discounted rate on your registration. If you are interested in learning more about this year’s conference, check out the official website, download the App or follow @HRTechConf and #HRTechConf on Twitter.