The mere thought of replacing your organization’s HR technology solutions, such as benefits administration or HR and payroll systems, is daunting, to say the least. After all, such a change typically involves significant stress and disruption. As a result, the decision to move forward with a change is often delayed. So how do you know when it’s time to set aside your concerns and make such a monumental decision? We’ve compiled a list of questions to help your organization evaluate the situation and determine whether it’s time for a technology change.
- How effectively is your current system handling all of your needs?
- Is your current system still being supported by the vendor? (Some old versions of platforms are no longer being supported by the vendors, forcing customers off or to an upgraded version.)
- Is your company experiencing significant growth? If so, will your existing solution be able to manage the additional workforce?
- Are any mergers, acquisitions, divestitures planned for the near future?
- How frequently do you experience difficulties with your current system? (Examples of difficulties might include payroll feeds with frequent errors, long call wait times, lack of timeliness in resolving issues, and so on.)
- Do you need features your current system can’t offer?
- Do you perceive gaps between the fees you pay vs. the actual value you receive? Have you conducted a recent market analysis to compare your fees with others for similar services?
- How long has it been since you’ve evaluated your current technology?
Depending on your answers to the questions above, it might be time to evaluate your current HR technologies. After all, HR is no longer just a back office function. It has evolved to become an integral partner in helping an organization meet its strategic goals. As such, your organization would be well served by evaluating its HR technology on a regular basis to help ensure your team is able to focus on achieving long-term goals.
When you’ve made the decision to consider changes, turn to Lockton. Our team ready to help you evaluate your current technology, identify potential new solutions and even manage the implementation, if you need assistance. Let us know how we can help you.